1. Information That We Collect
We collect certain information you provide to us when using FAMILYARC Services, such as when you create an account and profile, send us an email, post information or other content to FAMILYARC Services, or link your FAMILYARC account to other social media services. We use this information to deliver FAMILYARC Services to you and to improve or customize your experience at FAMILYARC. We collect information in the following ways:
Information that you give us.
In order to sign-up for an account, we require that you provide us with your name and email address, and then confirm whether you are under or over the age of 13 years. If you are under 13 years, we require that you provide a parent’s name, and email address or contact phone number, to obtain parental consent for use of FAMILYARC Services. We may collect certain personal information when you establish your account profile or use FAMILYARC Services, such as your name, picture, email address and phone number, as well as other non-identifying information, like your gender, birthday and zip code. In addition, if you choose to connect your contacts, social network accounts and address book information to FAMILYARC Services, we will collect the contact information (name and email address) of your family and friends and your login credentials to those social network accounts, such as Facebook and Twitter. If you have a Permanent Account, we collect the information indicated above for the people that you designate as your Account Managers. If you wish to allow a child under the age of 13 years to use FAMILYARC Services, we will ask you to provide your consent prior to doing so.
Information we get from your use of FamilyArc Services.
We automatically collect certain information from a member’s browser, device or mobile platform, including from members under 13 years, such as location/GPS coordinates (if you enable this feature), a device type and identifier (hardware model), MAC address, Internet Protocol (IP) address (if using a browser), operating system, browser type and mobile network information (including phone number). We also collect information automatically in our server logs when a member (including a member under 13 years) uses FAMILYARC Services or views information on our site, including the address of a referring site, search queries, information from service calls or emails, incidence of technical errors, session length, content accessed, and other elements of activity on FAMILYARC Services. You can enable or disable location services when you use FAMILYARC Services through your account and device settings.
Cookies, pixel tags and local storage.
Information we receive from third parties.
We may receive and store information about our members who are over 13 years from marketing surveys or third parties, including information providers or social media services that associate information about you with your account or activity at FAMILYARC.
2. How We Use Information We Collect
The privacy of our members is important to FAMILYARC, and we do not rent or sell your information, sell third-party advertising against your content, sell third-party advertising in general or disclose your information to third parties (except as discussed in Sections 3 and 4 below). Parents of members under 13 years have the right to consent to FAMILYARC’s collection and use of information collected from their child without having to also consent to us sharing such information with third parties. We do not sell any member’s personal information, including information of members under 13 years old. We use the information collected through FAMILYARC Services for the purposes described below:
- to provide FAMILYARC Services or information you request, and to process and complete your transactions;
- to respond to your emails, submissions, questions, comments, requests, and complaints and provide customer service;
- to monitor and analyze usage and trends, and to personalize and improve your experiences when you use FAMILYARC Services, such as providing content, search results or features that match your profile or interests, and to improve the functionality and user friendliness of FAMILYARC Services;
- to let you know about FAMILYARC features or offers that are relevant to your profile, interests, or experiences at FAMILYARC;
- to send you confirmations, updates, security alerts, support and administrative messages, and otherwise facilitate your use of, and our administration and operation of, FAMILYARC Services;
- to allow you to add your location to your posts if you so choose;
- to find and connect with your family and friends, at your request;
- to let your family and friends connect with you, or learn about your activity or content on FAMILYARC Services, if you choose to share that content or activity;
3. Information We Share With Third Parties
We do not sell a member’s personal information to third parties, including the information of members under 13 years old. We will not share the personal information we have collected from members, except as described below:
- with people that you have designated for sharing information according to the preferences set in your FAMILYARC account, such as your friends and family;
- with certain social networking services as necessary to link to your preferred social media services and contacts, if you allow such sharing through FAMILYARC Services;
- with service providers who are working with us in connection with the operation of FAMILYARC Services, provided these service providers are under legal agreement to use the information solely to perform services on our behalf and not to disclose the information or use it for any other purposes. These service providers include firms that provide credit card processing, file upload and image editing, IT infrastructure management, web traffic analysis, enterprise resource planning (ERP), email and customer relationship management software services;
- we may share aggregated information and non-identifiable information with third parties for industry analysis, demographic profiling and other similar purposes;
- when you give us your consent to do so, including if we notify you that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide such information;
- to enforce or apply our Terms of Service or our other policies or agreements.
We are not responsible for the actions of service providers or other third parties, nor are we responsible for any additional information you provide directly to any third parties.
4. Creation of Anonymous Data
We may create Anonymous Data Records from personal information by excluding information (e.g., your name) that makes the data personally identifiable to you. “Anonymous Data” means data that is not associated with or linked to your personal information. Anonymous Data does not permit the identification of individual persons. We use this Anonymous Data to analyze request and usage patterns so that we can enhance our services. FAMILYARC reserves the right to create Anonymous Data for any purpose and to disclose Anonymous Data to third parties in its sole discretion.
5. Links To Other Sites
6. Security Of Your Information
We take reasonable measures to protect your personal information in an effort to prevent loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. When you enter information on our site or using FAMILYARC Services, we encrypt the transmission of all information that is provided using secure socket layer (SSL) technology. Please be aware, however, that despite our best efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable and no method of data transmission can be guaranteed against any interception or other type of misuse.
7. Accessing And Modifying Your Information
If you have an account, you can access and modify the personal information you provide us that is associated with your account by logging in, selecting ‘Settings’ and then ‘Profile’ and changing the information under your profile. You may “opt out” of receiving marketing or promotional emails from us by changing your account preferences or by following the instructions in those emails. If you opt out of these messages, however, you will still receive emails from us about your account, our services and other pertinent information related to our services. These communications are considered part of the service and your account, which you cannot opt-out from receiving.
Parents of members under 13 years have the right to review the personal information collected from their child, have that information deleted, and refuse further collection and use of such information by contacting us at [email protected].
We will retain your or your child’s information for as long as your or your child’s accounts are active or as needed to provide services. If you wish to cancel the account or request that we no longer use the information to provide services, please contact us [email protected] We will retain and use the information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
8. Global Storage and Access
If we make material changes to how we use personal information collected from children under 13 years, we will notify parents by email in order to obtain verifiable parental consent for the new uses of the child’s personal information.
11. General Inquiries and Concerns
To submit a general inquiry or concern, please contact us [email protected]
12. Users from Outside the United States